The Venture Scout should be at least 9 months in the Section before they begin their Chief Scout Award; however, they must be at least 16 to begin the Award.
- One Special Interest Badge from the “Skill” Area
- One Special Interest Badge in the “Physical” Area
- One Special Interest Badge from the “Community” Area
- One Special Interest Badge from the “Environment” Area
- Two Adventure Skills to Stage 6; one Adventure Skills to Stage 7
- Expedition: Walking 50 -79 km over 3 consecutive days and 2 nights
- Residential/Intercultural: Shared activity with a group in a residential/camp setting for 5 days and 4 nights, must include an intercultural aspect and a community project.
A minimum of 12 months duration (6 months if already holds a Scout Chief Scout Award).
Note: A Special Interest Badge for the Venture Scout Chief Scout Award must involve at least an hour a week for 26 Weeks for Skill, Physical and Community. For those that do not hold the Scout Chief Scout Award, an additional 26 must be completed for one of these Badges. The Environment Special Interest Badge should involve a similar a time commitment to the other Badges but it can be spread over a shorter time scale.
Chief Scout Award (SI)
- CSA Manual
- CSA Completion Sheet
- Special Interest Badges
- CSA Physical Record Sheet
- CSA Skill Record Sheet
- CSA Community Record Sheet
- CSA Environment Record Sheet