The Venture Scout should be at least 9 months in the Section before they begin their Chief Scout Award; however, they must be at least 16 to begin the Award.
- One Special Interest Badge from the “Skill” Area
- One Special Interest Badge in the “Physical” Area
- One Special Interest Badge from the “Community” Area
- One Special Interest Badge from the “Environment” Area
- Two Adventure Skills to Stage 6; one Adventure Skills to Stage 7
- Expedition: Walking 80-110 km over 4 consecutive days and 3 nights
- Residential/Intercultural: Shared activity with a group in a residential/camp setting for 5 days and 4 nights, must include an intercultural aspect and a community project.
- Portfolio: A written record of the work completed for all the elements of the Award (except the Scout Skills)
A minimum of 18 months duration (12 months if already holds a Venture Scout Chief Scout Award).
Note: A Special Interest Badge for the Venture Scout Chief Scout Award must involve at least an hour a week for 52 Weeks for Skill, Physical and Community. For those that do not hold the Scout Chief Scout Award, an additional 26 must be completed for one of these Badges. The Environment Special Interest Badge should involve a similar a time commitment to the other Badges but it can be spread over a shorter time scale.