On this Sunday 11th February we will be hiking up Moylussa Clares highest point at 532mThis is an event that we like to have as many as possible attend as it is a great challenge to all the boys to complete it.It will take us 4 hrs approx. to complete it.This hike is 11 km long and while its difficult in parts it is one that the boys will be able to complete. It is all forest path and tracks and sleepers the whole way to the top. The last section to the top is a little uneven under foot
We would hope that as many as possible attend this. Parents are more than welcome to come with us on this hike as the more help we have on this the better.
The following are the details
- Meet Scout hall 9-30am sharp (Transport is required)
- Hiking Gear required as follows (Hiking Boots or shoes, Rain Jacket, Waterproof pants, No Jeans, Hiking socks, Warm clothes,Hoodie,hat,Gloves,Scarf,Change of clothes for end of hike).This gear can be got in Radar Stores or any of the Hiking shops around the city.Make sure you say you in Caherdavin Scouts when using Radar Stores for discount
- No Fizzy Drinks
- Sandwiches, Chocolate, Bananas, Fruit, Water or any drink as long as it’s not fizzy, some lads like to carry flasks of tea/coffee/soup to have at the top. Please make sure they have plenty of food and drinks.
- A good and proper hiking bag. One that supports the back and has plenty of side pockets and hip support. Make sure it fits properly as one that is too big makes it very uncomfortable for the boys trying to carry it that distance.
- Allowing for a 4 hour hike starting no later than 10-30am we should be down the mountain no later than 2-30pm at worst.
- For those picking up your kids at the scout hall afterwards we will sent out a text as we are leaving the car park at Two Mile gatel allow us 25 to 30 mins to get back to Scout Hall
NB PRESENT INDICATIONS ARE THAT THE WEATHER FOR KEEPER HILL ON SUNDAY IS DRY ALL DAY BUT COLD ESPECIALLY AT THE TOP OF THE HILL.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT SHOULD THE WEATHER TAKE A TURN FOR THE WORST WE WILL CANCEL IT AT THE VERY LAST MOMENT IF NEED BE.THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE IS NUMBER ONE.
If you require any other details please contact after 2pm any day
Looking forward to seeing you and you kid on Sunday
PS: This note will be up on Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/caherdavinscouts/?ref=hl
Click on the link below for directions from Scout hall to Car Park at Two Mile gate just outside Killaloe