FOUNDERS DAY DETAILS
The following are the details for this Sundays Founders Day Cub County Event to be held on the grounds of Curraghchase Scout House
1. Cubs are asked to meet at Caherdavin Scout Hall at 9-30am sharp. Transport will be required to and from event. Car-pooling is advised as parking in and around Curraghchase Scout house is very limited
2. Cubs must bring a packed lunch with them
3. As this is an outdoor event please make sure that the cubs have correct gear for weather. Warm Jacket, Gloves, Hat, Hiking shoes/boots recommended. Present weather indications are for dry but cold weather
4. Cubs must be picked up at Curraghchase Scout House at 2-45pm
5. As our base is themed on Egypt if any cubs wish to dress up in Egyptian style that would be great
6. Neckerchief must be worn. Please do not wear the rest of the uniform as it may get destroyed if the weather turns wet.
7. For those driving to Curraghchase please follow the instructions of the traffic stewards when you get there. The will be a one way system in place in and out of the area. Please follow the signposts.
NB PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE TURNOING INTO THE MAIN CURRAGHCHASE FOREST PARK BUT PASS THIS OUT TILL YOU SEE THE LIMERICK SCOUT COUNTY EVENT SIGNPOST APPROX 1KM BEYOND FOREST PARK ON LEFT HAND SIDE.YOU WILL ALSO SEE KILEEN GUESTHOUSE ON THIS TURNING
Click on the link below for Google Maps Directions To Curraghchase Scout House from Caherdavin Scout Hall
On this Sunday 11th February we will be hiking up Moylussa Clares highest point at 532mThis is an event that we like to have as many as possible attend as it is a great challenge to all the boys to complete it.It will take us 4 hrs approx. to complete it.This hike is 11 km long and while its difficult in parts it is one that the boys will be able to complete. It is all forest path and tracks and sleepers the whole way to the top. The last section to the top is a little uneven under foot
We would hope that as many as possible attend this. Parents are more than welcome to come with us on this hike as the more help we have on this the better.
The following are the details
- Meet Scout hall 9-30am sharp (Transport is required)
- Hiking Gear required as follows (Hiking Boots or shoes, Rain Jacket, Waterproof pants, No Jeans, Hiking socks, Warm clothes,Hoodie,hat,Gloves,Scarf,Change of clothes for end of hike).This gear can be got in Radar Stores or any of the Hiking shops around the city.Make sure you say you in Caherdavin Scouts when using Radar Stores for discount
- No Fizzy Drinks
- Sandwiches, Chocolate, Bananas, Fruit, Water or any drink as long as it’s not fizzy, some lads like to carry flasks of tea/coffee/soup to have at the top. Please make sure they have plenty of food and drinks.
- A good and proper hiking bag. One that supports the back and has plenty of side pockets and hip support. Make sure it fits properly as one that is too big makes it very uncomfortable for the boys trying to carry it that distance.
- Allowing for a 4 hour hike starting no later than 10-30am we should be down the mountain no later than 2-30pm at worst.
- For those picking up your kids at the scout hall afterwards we will sent out a text as we are leaving the car park at Two Mile gatel allow us 25 to 30 mins to get back to Scout Hall
NB PRESENT INDICATIONS ARE THAT THE WEATHER FOR KEEPER HILL ON SUNDAY IS DRY ALL DAY BUT COLD ESPECIALLY AT THE TOP OF THE HILL.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT SHOULD THE WEATHER TAKE A TURN FOR THE WORST WE WILL CANCEL IT AT THE VERY LAST MOMENT IF NEED BE.THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE IS NUMBER ONE.
If you require any other details please contact after 2pm any day
Looking forward to seeing you and you kid on Sunday
PS: This note will be up on Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/caherdavinscouts/?ref=hl
Click on the link below for directions from Scout hall to Car Park at Two Mile gate just outside Killaloe