It’s almost time for Base Camp South in Kilcully Scout Centre, Cork. There’s a busy programme for the event, We have two full days of activities – one off-site and one on-site. There will also be an evening programme on both days.
We need to be onsite for 7pm on Friday night. We’ll need one parent who’s willing to help with car pooling on Friday night and another for collection on the Monday afternoon (around midday). Please contact Barry if you can assist with this.
- Group Neckerchief
- Sleeping bag
- Ground Mat
- Multiple changes of clothes
- Day bag for activities
- Packed lunch for Friday evening
- Hat & Gloves
- Warm Jacket
- Rain Gear
- Sun Cream
- Bug Spray
- Torch + Spare batteries
- Plain white cotton t-shirt (needed for one of the activities)
- Knife, Fork, Spoon, Mug, Plate, Bowl
- Pocket money (Max €20, to be given to the Scouters on Friday night)
The following items are not allowed:
- Fizzy Drinks
- Chewing Gum
- Electronic Devices (Unless told otherwise by the Scouters)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Barry Kennedy 085 728 4899
Directions to Kilcully Scout Centre
- Follow the N20 heading towards Cork City until you reach a cross roads just before Blackpool shopping centre with a “Dinos Chipper” on your right. Take a left turn here (as if heading for the shopping centre).
- Pass the entrance of the Shopping Centre (located on your right) and continue heading straight.
- You will come to a T-junction (Woodies DIY on your left) take a right turn still following signs for “City Centre / All Routes”.
- At the next junction (Blackpool Grotto/Ulster Bank Blackpool) take a sharp left turn up the hill. This is Dublin Hill.
- If you keep following this road you will end up at the Black Man Inn (on right) at a junction called the “Dublin Pike”.
- Once you reach the Black Man Inn keep left at the fork in the road, a couple of hundred meters down the road take the next left turn, it is signposted with a tiny sign “Cemetery” (keep an eye out or you will miss it).
- Take this turn and keep on going straight over a bridge and onto the graveyard which will be on the right. If you look across from the graveyard you will see Kilcully Scout Campsite.