CHIEF SCOUT AWARD 20KM HIKE
Our 20km hike for the cubs doing their Chief scout Award takes place from May 24 to May 26.The venue is Angleboro just outside Kilfinane Co Limerick(Map is attached below)
The following are the details for this event
- Cubs have to make their own way to and from the event.Please contact other parents to make these arrangements as it would be stupid for everyone to come down such a distance on their own.If you require contact details of other boys parents please contact me on 087-2392429
- Cubs must be at Anglesboro Community Hall 7pm on Friday May 24th.
- Cubs must be picked up 12-00pm Sunday May 26th Anglesboro Hall
- Please make sure that each boy has the correct gear with him.List of gear is attached.This list will be posted on the Group Website under this event
- Please provide a packed Tea for the boys for the Friday Night
- It is important that energy drinks and energy food is packed for the hike the following day.We will also be providing hot drinks/food on the hike for the boys.
- If you son is on any medication please let us know
- It is very important that no fizzy drinks be packed
If there is any change to any of the above details I will contact you and it will be posted on the Group Website and also the Group Facebook page.Please keep an eye on these over the next couple of weeks
Trousers/Track suit(No jeans on hike)
Jumpers/Fleece is good for hike if u have one
*Please bring enough changes of clothes for the full weekend *
We will have cutlery
Compass (if you have one)Please do not go out and buy one
Spare batteries for torch
Black bag (for wet/dirty clothes)
REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR NAME ON ALL YOUR THINGS
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR NECKERCHIEF!!!!!
Yours In Scouting
Michael O Halloran