This year, the 23rd Limerick Scout Group is hosting a Joint Beaver and Cub Annual Camp at the Srahan Scout Centre in Tipperary.
Cubs are asked to arrange their own transport to Srahan and arrive from Friday May 25th at 7pm.All cubs must be at Srahan no later than 8pm
Beavers are asked to arrange their own transport to Srahan and arrivebetween 11am and 12pm Saturday May 26th.
Beavers/Cubs must be Collected on Sunday May 27th at 2pm
What to Bring
All Beavers and Cubs are required to bring the following gear. Essential items marked with an asterix(*)
- Gear bag or Rucksack*
- Sleeping Bag*
- Ground Mat*
- Change of clothes x 3*
- Plate, Bowl, Mug*
- Knife, Fork, Spoon*
- Rain gear (Jacket & Over Trousers)*
- Packed Tea for Cubs on Friday night
Please put your child’s name on all items. Beavers and Cubs are responsible for keeping their gear together.
The following items are banned on the camp:
- Electrical Items (phones, iPods, PSPs, DSs etc)
- Fizzy drinks & chewing gum
How to get there
Here are the directions from the Scout Hall
- Take the motorway to Dublin; continue on this road until you come to EXIT 22 for Roscrea. The distance from the Clonmacken Toll to this Turn off is 74.7 KM
- Continue towards Roscrea until you come to McDonald’s roundabout. McDonald’s Roundabout is 3 km from exit 22
- Take the N7 road for Dublin and continue on this road until you pass a Pub on your Left called The Highway Inn (Now Closed).Take the next LEFT turn sign posted for Laois Angling Centre. Distance from McDonald’s roundabout to turning is 6 km.
- We will also have our own signs on the road from here on. They will read CAHERDAVIN SCOUT GROUP
- You continue for approx. 8.7 Km pass straight passing through the village of Ballaghmore.You come to a STOP sign go RIGHT here and continue over Narrow Bridge until you come to village of Camross 1.5Km approx. from Narrow Bridge
- Go straight through the Village and then go left at the crossroads at the end of village
- Approx. 2.2 Km from turning take a LEFT for Glenkitt just before a Narrow Bridge
- Then approx. 0.7 Km on Turn RIGHT for Srahan Castle. Follow this road till you come to Srahan Scout Centre.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the leaders. Please keep an eye on www.caherdavinscouts.ie for updates.
Mike O’Halloran – Cub Section Leader 087 2392429
Barry Kennedy 085 7284899